Grade Level Counsellors
It is hoped that through the resources available in Student Services, students will be better informed and able to make appropriate decisions for themselves now and in the future. Parents are invited to discuss any matter of concern by contacting:
Mr. Shawn Saumer
Grade 10 and 11 Counsellor
Mrs. Melanie Buckley
Grade 12 Counsellor
- Selection of courses
- Program planning
- Graduation requirements
- Support for students with special needs
- Evaluation of out-of-province documents and other documents, (i.e. private study)
- Planning for post-secondary requirements
- Peer tutoring
- Establishing career goals
- Calendars and website information for universities, colleges and technical schools
- Exploration of related occupations
- Arrangements for students to spend a day in classes at the U of A, NAIT or MacEwan or to attend "Orientation Sessions" and "Open Houses" at various post-secondary institutions.
- Confidential discussion of personal concerns or problems which may interfere with school performance and personal well-being
- Issues may include self-esteem, grief and loss, substance abuse, personal health and safety, family and peer relationships, sexuality, stress and conflict management
- Counsellors will act as a liaison with parents, students and community agencies.
Instructional Support Plan
Is your child in regular programming and on an Instructional Support Plan? Instructional Support Plans (ISP’s) are available for pick up in Student Services. ISP’s will also be available for pick up during parent teacher interviews. Please email Mrs. Buckley if you’d like a copy emailed home by contacting her at email@example.com.